At a glance...
"AVS video converter is a one stop solution for your video conversion & editing needs. The converter can convert 19 different video file types including all the most popular & even much less popular video file types. The converter also has some basic video editing functionality. If you decide to download it, you will also get access to four other software apps (video editor, video remaker, audio converter & an audio editor!)"
- How to use AVS video converter
- Pros & Cons
- Final verdict
- System Requirements & supported read/write files
Hello & thank you for taking the time to visit my website and read my review of AVS video converter. I have been using this converter since 2014 and have been pleased with the results that it has produced. Although there are many different video converters out there the main reason that I chose this particular converter was that it was the only one that could convert a specific type of video file i.e. AMV. Also, the converter converted video files that were optimised to play on my Chinese media player. And on top of that the converter allowed me to produce videos that were optimised for uploading to my YouTube channel. As mentioned at the start of this review the converter can:
- Convert to/from 19 different common & uncommon video file types
- Optimise your converted file to play on specific devices tablets, smart tvs, mobile phones, consoles etc.
- Optimise your converted file for uploading to the most popular video sharing websites
- Allows you to edit your converted video file i.e. cropping, adding visual/audio effects, file splitting, DVD/Blu-ray title & chapter making
2. How to use AVS video converter
AVS video converter is very easy to use. If you are in any way tech savvy you will find that the software is intuitive to use but if you aren't that's fine, as I will briefly walk you through how to convert a video file in this section.
Ok, so once you have visited the download page, downloaded the converter, installed and opened it you will see the interface as shown in the image below.
To begin converting a video file click the blue icon at the top left of the interface, then click "+ Add file(s)...". Then just browse for your video file that you want to convert.
Then select the file save location & the output file type, which is the file type that you want your file to be converted to. This can be done by selecting any of the thumbnails located across the top of the interface. There are more file options located in the drop down menu.
If you are converting a video that's to be played on a specific device then you need to select the "Devices" tab and then select your type of device from all the available options. You will then need to be more specific & select the actual device from the "Profile" drop down menu.
Also, if you are converting a video for uploading to a specific video sharing website then select the "Web" tab and choose the website from there. Then choose the output video profile from the "Profile" drop down menu.
As I mentioned before, this converter also has some video editing functionality. Shown in the image below is the interface that appears when the "Edit" button is clicked. The layout of this editor is typical of other video editors.
I have listed its features below:
3. Pros & Cons
- Can convert all the most popular video file types & even much less popular file types
- Built in editor can perform basic video editing
- Reasonably priced with free trial with multiple payment options available
- This converter has been on the market for over 10 years with over 20,000,000 satisfied customers
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Price includes full customer support
- When you purchase AVS video converter the company will throw in a video remaker, audio editor, video editor & an audio editor for free (full versions too)
- The lifetime and one-year licenses usually cost 199 & 69 USD respectively but every now and again they are offered at a huge discount (up to 70% off!). Click here to check for current prices.
- Not the fastest converter on the market but it does the job well
4. Final Verdict
I am quite pleased with my purchase. I have been using AVS video converter for a number of years, not everday mind you, but I'm still glad that I purchased it. The only problem that I had with it was that one of the updates (a couple of years ago) kept crashing. Turned out that it wasn't anything wrong with the software just a setting on my PC. The AVS company were very helpful in helping me at that time. The converter cost me about 60 USD and was well worth the price considering how much it has helped me and I got full versions of 5 other multimedia software which sealed the deal. I would recommend purchasing this software and it gets a thumbs up from me.
5. System requirements & supported file types
Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Dual core (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD equivalent)
RAM: 2 GB or higher
Video: Intel HD Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce, AMD Radeon Graphics
Sound: Windows compatible sound card
DVD recorder: for importing from DVD and creating Video DVD
Windows Media Player 11 or higher for WMV video playback
DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
Administrative permissions for program installation and activation
Internet connection to activate
Windows 10/Windows 8.x/Windows 7 Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Quad core (Intel Core i5 series or AMD equivalent)
RAM: 4 GB or higher
Video: Intel HD Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce recommended for hardware acceleration
Sound: Windows 10/Windows 8.x/Windows 7 compatible sound card
And for a full list of supported file types (read/write files) click here
Main features of the software that I used in this video tutorial:
► Converts video to any other video format (supported video formats) ► MP4, MPEG, FLV, WMV, MKV, MOV, SWF, GIF, RM, DPG, DVD, Blu-ray, AMV, TS, M2TS, WebM, 3GP, AVI, RM and MTV)
► Converts video that is optimised to play on a large assortment of multimedia devices including Apple iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7, Apple iPad Pro, 2018, 2017, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S9/S8/S7, Galaxy Note 9/8/5, Galaxy Tab S4/S3, Samsung UHD/SUHD TV, Sony PlayStation 4 Pro (PS4 Pro), Sony PlayStation Vita (PS Vita), Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Sony Xperia XZ3/XZ2/XZ1, XZ2/XZ1 Compact. Convert 2K QHD, 4K UHD and DCI 4K video using ultra new presets and enjoy high quality video playback on powerful smartphones, phablets, tablets and smart TV
► Converts any video format to video that is optimised for upload to the most popular video sharing websites including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Telly, Dropbox and Flickr
Thanks for reading and I hope that this review helped you decide if AVS video converter is right for you.